How much do you just *LOVE* Banoffee Pie? Well here is a cheap, easy little recipe I'd like to share with you:
- 1x Pack of Caramel Digestives (choose how much of the packet you want depending on how thick you would like the base to be)
- 2-3 Bananas
- 1x Tin of Carnation Caramel
- 300ml of Double Cream (to be whipped)
- A tiny bit of Butter
- Cocoa Powder and Chocolate Shavings to top the Pie
What to do:
1. Break up the Caramel Digestives inside a sandwich bag. Do this with your hands at first as the caramel sticks the biscuit together, and then bash gently with a rolling pin until the the biscuit is all broken up (my sister seen in the photo below really enjoyed this part).
2. Empty the contents of the sandwich bag into a bowl and add a small amount of butter. Use your hands to mix the biscuits, caramel and butter together into a smooth consistency.
3. Heat the mixture for 30seconds in the microwave and spread the mixture into the bottom of your cake tin.
4. Slice up the bananas evenly and spread onto the biscuit base to for a level layer.
5. Spread the caramel over the layer of bananas and smooth off the top.
6. Whip the cream (I did this by hand but feel free to use an electric whisk) and then spread this into a smooth layer on top of the caramel.
7. Finish off the pie with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings for an extra special touch.
8.Leave the pie in the fridge to set for a minimum of 6 hours, serve up and enjoy!
Feel free to review the above recipe in the comments below! I hope you enjoy!
Recipe was made up by Nathan Whitehouse and Myself. All photos are my own.